Monday, January 12, 2009

Wishing star..

this post is dedicated to my close frens - kittu and sindhu.. luv ya both!!



A fine starry nite.
Lay upon d grass my frend and i..
Enjoyin d stars so brite,
And wishing to touch d sky…
I sighd heavily “hw I wish I grab a star…”
Nd turned to my frend who returned bac a stare!!
“wat?!?” was my instant reaction..
“u want to touch d star.. and I ll help u..”she said..
I blinked two times or so..
Nd she gave me d assurance of “yeah u can go!!”
V put a laddr across our house…
And she gave me a push to make a start..
She pushed and pushed until she can…
And I reached a height wer she cant reach..
Wen suddenly I heard a shrieckin pain from her..
And I stood ter thinkin wat to do…
Shud I go for d stars still..
Or go bac to my frend who helped me with my will…
I tot and tot nd went bac wit climbing…
I climbed and climbed until my frens shrieks bcame more distant..
And wen I came to the end of the ladder..
I reached out my hands to catch a star..
I reached and reached…
Bt still cudnt catch…
I reached so much tat I lost grip and fell down…
Tears stung my eyes..
Nd those stars still so bright…
I began to cry, thn came dusty fingers..
To wipe away my tears…
I turned upon to see who it was..
It was my same frend whom I had desolated…
Seein her my eyes again stung…
Tis tym not wit disappointment bt wit guilt…
She put a consoling hand around me and said…
“don’t worry v l try tomorrow!!”
And tats wen I realized tat al tis wile,
I had bin hunting for a star so bright,
Wile my wishing star,
Had sat wit me beside!!!

4 comments:

  1. so sweet of ya ma!!!!really touchin...totful!!cha sad i din get in d first stroke!!!(dumb me!!!)anyways this is such an honour!!!love you loads darling!!!!mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ya too!!nd u r al worth it (5 mins[;])

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..I had the privilege of reading this poem well before it was posted!!Its one cute little poem..!!I love it..

    ReplyDelete